Tuesday, April 24, 2007


What I should be doing is working on character designs and developing the look and feel of the whole cartoon, but I couldn't resist just digging in. So I've started blocking in the cartoon with stick figures and I've already discovered one of my first gags isn't going to work.

I had it in my head that after the line "The crime rate's down to zero, since he's been around..." the song went into the "Uuuultrafooot" chorus. But it doesn't, it starts listing his powers. My joke was going to be that he saved the day just by using his regular old foot and I was planning to reveal later on that his foot really has super powers.

I'll have to figure something else out, unless you want to re-record?

1 comment:

modpants said...

hey sam,

cool start. still love the idea of wrongfooting people with the costume shop hold up. hear what you're saying about the chorus coming too late...how about we see ultrafoot doing some actions that go with the words of the pre-chous bit ie jumping high, running fast, kicking etc. all in his attempt to catch the bad guy? i dunno though, seems like a bit what you'd call see-say. maybe he runs to catch the bad guy, stomps on him, jumps with him, kicks him to the police station? hmmmm,