Friday, December 5, 2008

Bounce Cycle

I love seeing this kind of thing on other people's animation blogs, so I thought I'd post the stages of this Ultrafoot bouncing cycle.

First the scribble pass:


Then I go through and solidify the forms, add the inbetweens, and repair the spacing and timing.


Sometimes the scribble pass is no more than squiggly lines, so rough that you can't tell what they are. Other times I get caught up a little and can't stop myself from adding elements like facial features and other details. It's usually a waste of time, though since they almost always have to be adjusted.
Then I add the details like facial features and an indication of clothes, and secondary motion like his hair and cape.


If someone else were doing the clean up, I'd do another pass to tighten things up and add the final details, but since I did the final line myself, I was able to skip that step.

2 comments:

Trung said...

Cool demo and awesome animation!

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

Very nice indeed.