Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Animation Complete!

I realize that the blog entry title makes it sound like the cartoon is finished, but sadly, that's not the case. What I'm trying to say is the task of rough animation is complete. Not as good as being completely finished, but it's an important milestone. (Coming several years late, but a milestone reached none the less!)

In fact, in most cases the animation has also been "inked" (it's all digital, so no actual ink was involved), except for just a few scenes where I feel I need to tighten up the layout before I can clean up the roughs. There's even a couple instances of "paint" (digital - not real paint).

Have a look-see...



What's next? About 30 or so background paintings. (I'm really looking forward to doing them!) After that is cell painting, a bit of effects animation, and compositing. Can I finish before the end of the year? That's my hope... but I doubt it.

One day...I will finish this f**ker!

No comments: