Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Take a Thug Take

"Takes" are a staple of cartoon humor, and I've put together a scene with seven in a row! Should be seven times funnier than any other cartoon!



I'm inclined to be selfish and do this scene myself, really get an opportunity to stretch some useful animation muscles. But I think instead, for the good of the project, I'll spread this one around. I'd like everyone involved (who's interested) to pick a number and do a thug take.

You'll need to design the thug first, and then stay a little within certain parameters.
  • You don't have to use the exact same number of frames that I did in my place-holder animation. Do what you need to do for your special take.
  • I'd like to say you can "go crazy", but not TOO crazy. It's a cartoony cartoon, but not the cartooniest cartoon. Something like this won't work in our context:

  • Every thug wears the same outfit of black body suit and ski cap.
Sign up today!

For your edification:
I've knocked out my thug take. Here it is moving...



And stills...



No comments: